Keynote Energy Seminar for Electrical Power Engineering students and invited research fellows: “Enabling a Sustainable Electricity Supply for the Future”
- Dr. Aristides Kiprakis, Senior Lecturer in Power Systems, Director of International Students in the School of Engineering, Leader of the Smart Grids Research Group at the University of Edinburgh, UK
- Dr. Naran Pindoriya, Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, India
- Prof. Sri Niwas Singh, Vice-Chancellor, Madan Mohan Malviya University of Technology Gorakhpur, India
Invited talk on the use of PMUs in Distribution Systems, given by Dr. David Laverty, Senior Lecturer, Queen's University Belfast.
Invited talk on the state-of-art technologies in power systems, given by Prof. Sri Niwas Singh.
Research presentations by:
- Dahunsi Okekunle: introduction to real-time smart grid simulation test rig (based on OpenPMU and OPAL-RT) and PMU optimal deployment algorithms in distribution network.
- Obinna Unigwe: Smart coordination of battery energy storage systems for voltage control in distribution networks with high penetration of photovoltaics
- Mingyue Wei: multi-objective optimise algorithms on inverters in PV system.
- Mehdi Zeinali: update the communication technologies could be used in D-DIEM project.
- Talk by Deepak Padmanabhan: warping Resilient Time Series Embeddings
Project Milestones - Outcomes - Deliverables
Five papers have been published in journals and conference proceedings
Special session on Intelligent Systems Applications for Sustainable Electrification has been arranged at the ISAP 2019 conference in December.
Four papers in the final stage of completion:
- Mingyue Wei's journal: Multi-objective Smart Inverted Control Strategy for Distribution Network with Photovoltaics Infeed
- Yuanda Gao's ISAP conference: Development of Hardware in-the-Loop Platform for Distribution Networks
- Deepak's ISAP conference: Time Series Representation Learning Applications for Power Analytics
- Mingyue Wei's ISAP conference: Smart Coordination of Battery Storage Units and PV Inverters for CVR Control in Distribution Network
Smart grid real-time simulation rig is close to completion at the University of Edinburgh.
Next D-DIEM India meeting arrangements
- Meeting to be hosted by IIT Kanpur on the 11th of December 2019
- Participants will then travel to New Delhi for the ISAP conference and other visits.
Next D-DIEM UK meeting
- To be held in London over two days between the 14th and the 19th of May 2020 (TBC).